Reliable Industries presents Schroeder – Triton A
POSITIVE PRESSURE DEWATERING SYSTEM
The Dewatering Process
*Mass Transfer (The Triton Dehydration Station®)
The Triton Dehydration Station® utilizes the ability of warm air to attract and hold onto water. Simply put, warm air can hold onto more moisture. The water contaminated oil is pumped into the top of the dewatering chamber; at the same time ambient room air is heated and blown up through the chamber from the bottom. As the oil trickles down slowly the water is drawn to the warm dry air away from the oil. The moist air is then released through a breather and the now dry oil is returned to the reservoir.
STOP THROWING MONEY AWAY!
Water in thruster oil systems is a serious problem costing marine and offshore vessel owners millions of dollars every year for thruster repairs, oil changes, down time and dockings. It is not necessary to accept the problems as unavoidable, as the Triton-A is an efficient method of removing water from the oil, making it possible to continue operating the vessel despite of water ingress in the thruster!
FREE WATER CAUSES
· Corrosion pits, rough surfaces and release of abrasive flakes into the fluid
· Microbial colonization / Bacteria: Odors, acids, slime, and health problems
· Loss of lubricity: Free water enters contact loading zones, allowing opposing surfaces to crash together, results in high friction, wear and seizure
· Additive depletion: Free water retains polar additives
DISSOLVED WATER CAUSES
· Faster oil oxidation: Leads to oil acidity, thickening, varnishes, sludge & resins
· Reduced Fatigue life: Propagation of fatigue cracks in metals
· Demolition of Ester-based fluid and additives: Reacting with esters/hydrolysis, results in formation of acid, gels, and loss of additives